I woke up this morning early and got to the Duomo at 8:15 am, meeting up with my friend from wine tasting class to climb to the top of the Dome. After the 463 steep steps up to the dome, we made it! It was wasn’t too crowded since we were probably within the first twenty people up, and the view was amazing! Usually all my views have the Duomo as the main focal point, so it was cool to view the city from it, making for a totally different view point.
 |
| Stain glass windows at the top of the church portion |
 |
| View of Santa Croche from above! |
 |
| City view |
 |
| San Lorenzo & Medici Chappel |
 |
| Campanile Tower |
 |
| My climbing partner and I |
On my way back, I realized I hadn't taken many picture of the Duomo, so here ya go
After the hike, I went back to my apartment and promptly too a long nap. It’s crazy how much energy I have when I keep moving, but once I start to relax and sit down more, the more and more tired I get!
Later I had class—it’s become crunch time! I have 10 photos due to represent some theme of Italian life (very open ended), a little write up on it, 10 photos to pick and edit to print and photos to organize so that I can burn them on a disk to keep! I cannot believe that school is over tomorrow, where has all the time gone?!
On the way home from class, I walked to Palazzo Republica to take some more photos to add to my project. I want to do something with the people of Florence, but I need to make sure that I have enough good ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment